LPub3D How to Add Rotation Step

RE: LPub3D How to Add Rotation Step
(2018-08-29, 10:37)reinout Wrote: I think i have a simular problem. When i want to rotate my submodels, to better see the steps, LPub3d crashed. It is so bad it crashed even if i click on the 'rotate model' buttons.
Can anyone help me with this?

Diagnosis has identified that this is an issue in LPub3D. When a sub-model does not contain a "0 STEP" command and the 3D viewer within LPub3D is used to rotate the sub-model, then the "Insert ROTSTEP" button is clicked, LPub3D crashes. This issue has been logged  with Trevor.

The workaround is to ensure a sub-model is ended with a "0 STEP" command before inserting a ROTSTEP using LPub3D. This could be achieved either by editing the file directly using the LDraw File Editor within LPub3D or by making the change using your preferred modelling tool (e.g. LDCAD).

As an aside, one may wish to consider adding step rotations using your preferred modelling tool (insert LDCAD plug here  Wink ). When using LPub3D to specify the rotation, I find the correlation between rotating the model via the 3DViewer and the resulting rotation displayed in the image is "interesting".

Regards,

David
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LPub3D How to Add Rotation Step - by Sean - 2016-04-08, 17:02
RE: LPub3D How to Add Rotation Step - by David Manley - 2018-09-06, 21:27