Changes in install path

Changes in install path
As I said in an earlier post, I'm trying to get back up to speed with LDraw and in addition I'm on a "virgin" system (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) so I'm installing everything fresh.

I used the latest AIOI (2015-1) after which I used LDView to update my parts.

So far so good. Today I needed LSynth constraints to create a string. Somehow that didn't get installed with my AIOI (I didn't do a full install, but I only remember leaving out Pov-RAY).
Anyway, easy enough following the excellent tutorials on Holly-Wood. That is, until I tried to install the extra parts and couldn't find my part library. I have since located it under C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw, but it would be nice to see this updated in the tutorials

I have also downloaded the latest MLCad.ini file and modified it as per the instructions in the same tutorial (http://www.holly-wood.it/lsynth/tutorial-en.html). I have indiated LSynth is located at
%PATH = "C:\Program Files (x86)\LDraw\LSynth\bin\lsynthcp.exe" (commas because of the "gap" in the name)
and added the following line to the scan order list:
7 = Show <LDRAWDIR>Unofficial\LSynth
which corresponds to the location I have unpacked the helper files
C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\Unofficial\LSynth

I have then saved the MLCad.ini and placed it next to MLCad.exe in the installation folder.

Next up I have told MLCad to rescan the parts list and I have created a new part tree entry for LSynth.

However, the helper files do not show up in the part tree and MLCad shows all LSynth commands greyed out.

What did I do wrong?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Changes in install path - by Jetro de Château - 2016-01-15, 12:15