LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans

Re: LDCad 1.6 - unofficial parts handling
Travis Cobbs Wrote:you might consider instead having a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle, and when the user either clicks on that or hovers over it
I like this idea, I wanted to add 'balloons' to the gui anyway in order to improve the hint system. At that time I could upgrade this feature too.

Willy Tschager Wrote:I would add an additional visual warning by colouring the background of the parts in question. Say a lighter blue or a shade of red, ...
I'm not sure about using different backgrounds, I did a test of that (usiing paint) and it seemed very ugly to me, maybe using different text/icon colors instead would be better. I already changed the yellow into light green if the unofficial part is embedded in the mpd.

Milan Vančura Wrote:What about adding this as a configuration item of the ldraw path object: a color of background in a partbin (in addition to "Type", "Location" and "shadow"). Then
I think Willy also suggested thins at some point. Like I wrote above I could do this for the text/icon colors.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.6 ROTSTEP feedback - by TestOne - 2016-02-25, 22:56
Re: LDCad 1.6 - unofficial parts handling - by Roland Melkert - 2016-03-20, 21:32
RE: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - by Kai - 2016-05-23, 18:48
RE: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - by Art - 2016-08-11, 12:56
RE: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - by Art - 2016-08-12, 7:29
RE: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - by Karen M - 2017-10-24, 10:28