LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans
Willy Tschager Wrote:Maybe this is already part of the setting and I couldn't find it. Please correct me if I'm wrong but the categories show the first part which corresponds alphabetically to the category. While Animal, Arch and Brick have a meaning you cannot tell at first sight that the 93609.dat leads to the Minifig category or why on earth the Duplo Plate 1x2 with Overhang should give an obvious clue for plates.
Those are generated groups based upon their !CATEGORY meta using the first part in the list as their mascot. So you could wonder why is a duplo part in the plate category to begin with (as there is a duplo one).

These weird category quirks and the need for sub categories is the reason I added the sorted top level group. Those offer all the options you describe through the corresponding pbg files.

Willy Tschager Wrote:I wish there were a some sort of setting where by default some parts have been selected as representative for each category and where you also have the chance to change them or that the thumbnails also show the category's name.
Letting the user optionally change the group mascots would be a nice extra feature, I might add that in one of the alpha's. Thanks for the idea.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.6 ROTSTEP feedback - by TestOne - 2016-02-25, 22:56
Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - by Roland Melkert - 2016-03-13, 20:43
RE: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - by Kai - 2016-05-23, 18:48
RE: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - by Art - 2016-08-11, 12:56
RE: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - by Art - 2016-08-12, 7:29
RE: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - by Karen M - 2017-10-24, 10:28