OMR specification and unofficial files

Re: OMR specification and unofficial files
Quote:I am 100% sure OMR repository models will not be updated to remove the inlined part when it will be official.
That's not a huge problem, at least it remains correct...
Quote:If the part is changing on the tracker, it will never show up in the model.
Imagine the origin is changing, it quite easy to see and to update. Same if name is changing.
Using your own argument: "I am 100% sure OMR repository models will not be updated" means that files that are not self contained or using the trusted official library will get broken. I have too often seen models on the net that were useless because the virtual builder didn't care to include unofficial parts!

Travis Cobbs Wrote:I don't understand why LGEO-type replacements wouldn't work for unofficial files included in the MPD. I'm pretty sure LDView will happily do that, as long as the included part has the unofficial part meta-statement.
Unfortunately parts inside OMR files get renamed as <setname><part number>.dat. This means that correspondance with LGEO parts is not so direct.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: OMR specification and unofficial files - by Philippe Hurbain - 2016-03-04, 9:11