Description Length still constrained to 64 characters?

Re: Description Length still constrained to 64 characters?
Thanks for the feedback, I'll leave it in as a warning for now. But thought of a couple questions as well.
I am wondering now that I see all but one of these are shortcuts for TLG numbers, that if the constraint excludes the color name, or should?
Also does the leading '~' or '_' count?
These are the 6 found in a fresh ldrawunf.zip from today (the last two are the files I posted last night)...

WARNING: Exception parsing description in D:\LDraw\LDRAWUNF\PARTS\4110083.dat: 0 _Slope Brick 45 10 x 2 x 2 Double w. Black/Yellow Stripes Patt. Light Grey
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The description must not exceed 64 characters in length, have 76.
WARNING: Exception parsing description in D:\LDraw\LDRAWUNF\PARTS\4111802.dat: 0 _Electric Light & Sound Insectoid Tail Piece 4 x 20 x 3 Dark Gray
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The description must not exceed 64 characters in length, have 67.
WARNING: Exception parsing description in D:\LDraw\LDRAWUNF\PARTS\4142925.dat: 0 _Tile 8 x 8 Round with 2 x 2 Center Studs & SW Grille Pattern LtGrey
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The description must not exceed 64 characters in length, have 72.
WARNING: Exception parsing description in D:\LDraw\LDRAWUNF\PARTS\4220539.dat: 0 _Slope Brick 45 1 x 2 Double / Inverted without Centre Stud Black
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The description must not exceed 64 characters in length, have 67.
WARNING: Exception parsing description in D:\LDraw\LDRAWUNF\PARTS\4521127.dat: 0 _Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with Dual Finger on End Vertical Reddish Brown
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The description must not exceed 64 characters in length, have 75.
WARNING: Exception parsing description in D:\LDraw\LDRAWUNF\PARTS\S\32167s01.dat: 0 ~Technic Gear Box Half with 4 Axle Stubs and 6 Pin Sockets (half)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The description must not exceed 64 characters in length, have 65.
- Greg
"The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Description Length still constrained to 64 characters? - by Greg Teft - 2011-12-01, 2:26