LDCad Part Snapping Guidelines

Re: LDCad Part Snapping Guidelines
Willy Tschager Wrote:As much as I love seeing people join in to work on a project I'd like to remind you that, as it currently stands, we do NOT have a standard for a connection database yet.
I'm all for setting up a standard but how do we prevent those discussions to fade out some time later as they always seem to do up to now.

Willy Tschager Wrote:Cementing one of these models by the sheer number of working parts is not fair towards the other programmers. Once more I beg the LSB to start working on the issue.
I agree with this but I must admit even when an official standard is available I might still keep going with my own and use the official one as a starting point / import. This because having full control over the data while tweaking the snapping behavior etc is a very big freedom to loose.

We might also be able to convert some of the existing info from multiple existing formats to a new format as the core data (positions and rotations) will be shared by any format as they result from the part shapes.

Also I'm not sure it is even possible to invent a format which will be ok to use for everyone as the info needed greatly depends on what the programmer want to do with it. So in the end we might need to limit the standard to some kind of hint system upon which the using software can add its own requirements.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad Part Snapping Guidelines - by Roland Melkert - 2015-10-13, 19:18