LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux)
Milan Vančura Wrote:I try to learn Trackball view rotation mode and I must say it's powerful and saves time when one can use it. However, it needs a free space (background visible) at the direction I want to turn to/from. This is not always possible, esp. if I need to zoom in for some detail editing. How do you handle that? Or can you reserve some modifier (like Alt) for this, instead of needing a background visible?
Like Philo and Owen wrote, the right mouse can be used for that, even during part dragging etc. And owen is right I might drop the left mouse behavior at some point in favor for multi selection.

Milan Vančura Wrote:LDCad crashed sometimes for me but very rarely and at random moments. What's the best way to provide you a useful information? Is a core file good for anything for you, for example? Or any debug mode I should turn on?
Was this during closing or when you clicked on a source window line as those are currently known issues. A core file is probably not usefull as I compile the releases with all possible stripping and GCC optimize level 2, resulting in virtually no debug info left. As for reporting the most important thing for me is a replication scheme, as it will be very difficult to find a bug other wise. But any pointers are welcome.

Milan Vančura Wrote:"Save file" operation is still silent, even in cases the save operation was not successful (trying to 'save' into the zip fie etc.). Can you add a notice to the status bar?
I did this on purpose thinking you have been warned when starting editing the part, it will display a normal fail message if the writable part can't be saved. But I suppose I can add a 'nag' message so you at least retain the option to disable it again.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Steffen - 2015-10-12, 18:47
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2015-10-14, 17:10
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 crashes - by Stephen - 2015-10-23, 11:34