LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux)
I've found the cause of my problem with binoculars: wrong expectation of mine Smile
In other words: you can ignore that report of problem, at least for this version of LDCad. It is a feature request instead.

Because what I did was I tried to move a (slightly) rotated binoculars behind another ones and expected the snapping algorithm to "match both oculars snap points" => correcting the rotation angle of the new part. However, this is not supported in LDCad for any part or set of parts, only one snap connection is used each time - am I correct?

However, what about an improvement of this feature in next LDCad version(s)?
* let the user to choose the snap point (e.g. a center + axis of SNAP_CYL) as an origin of coordinates for part rotation
* let the user to turn on (temporarily) the snap function while moving or rotating the part using keyboard

The idea is to combine both the above, of course: turn the hinge until it snaps the other part of the model etc. Or rotate binoculars until the part snaps to the other binoculars Smile

But not only that. One can use the second feature in case there is too many snap points in a small space. For example, it's difficult, sometimes, to place 40teeth gear on the axle because it snaps too often to pinholes instead of the central axle hole, esp. when viewing the gear from some angles.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Milan Vančura - 2015-10-14, 9:02
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Steffen - 2015-10-12, 18:47
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 crashes - by Stephen - 2015-10-23, 11:34