LPUB3D problems

RE: LPUB3D problems
(2017-01-09, 23:59)David Manley Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 21:56)Walt White Wrote: Last two files should be attached

Hi Walt,

I downloaded your sample file OneSinglePiece.ldr and ran LPub3D to see if;
(a) I would experience the same behaviour and, if so,
(b) whether I could offer some suggestions for resolution.

I can firstly confirm that I did experience similar behaviour, though the behavior I experienced aligns to that of Knud's (i.e. POV-Ray displaying an error message "IO Restrictions prohibit write access ...") rather than your error message (i.e. "Could not find file ...").

Digging into this a little, the "IO Restrictions prohibit write access ..." appears to come about from a security check within POV-Ray. I verified this in two ways;
1) opening POV-Ray as a separate executable, I set the menu item "Options | Script I/O Restrictions" to "No Restrictions" and then exited the application. The next time LPub3D invoked POV-Ray for rendering, it successfully generated the desired images.
2) I opened POV-Ray as a separate executable a second time, set the menu item "Options | Script I/O Restrictions" to "Allow Read, Restrict Write" and edited the Pov-Ray engine ini file pvengine.ini (located in the directory "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\ini") to add an appropriate directory root to the [Permitted Output Paths] section (refer to http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documenta...figuration for more details about this). In my case, I added the directory "D:\users\djm\personal\2017\LEGO" as a permitted path since I had your LDR file within a sub-directory of this path.

Now while the above may not resolve the issue you are experiencing, are you able to post two things;
1) the value you have for "Path" within the "LDraw Root Directory" on the "General" tabbed sheet which is displayed when within LPub3D you select the menu item "Configuration | Preferences". For example, my value is set to D:\Users\Vista\Public\Documents\LDraw. 
2) the value of the environment variable LDRAWDIR. For example, my environment variable value is set to D:\users\Vista\Public\Documents\LDraw
Knowing these values may help in further diagnosis.

Regards,

David

Hi David,

Thanks for investigating this puzzle.

My Path to the LDraw Root Directory was:
C:\Program Files (x86)\LDraw

I tried changing it to:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw 
so it matches exactly my LDRAWDIR environment variable:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw
but it still failed.

I already had the "Options | Script I/O Restrictions" set to "No Restrictions" but went ahead and added the folder containing the .LDR file to the [Permitted Output Paths] in pvengine.ini as suggested, but it still fails.

I haven't considered file permissions as a problem because LPub3D successfully generates six files in the "tmp" sub-folder:
csi.ldr
csi.ldr.pov
main.ldr
pli.ldr
pli.ldr.pov

For me, the clue is that both of the .POV files contain sixty eight lines of:
// Empty model
so LPub3D never generates anything in the "parts" sub-folder, which explains why POV-Ray fails with the message that it can't find what it is looking for in that "parts" sub-folder.

And the LPub3D log file clearly states why it can't generate the required file:
@ln 1014 "Item [3736.dat] not in the LPub3D archives. C:/Users/Walt/AppData/Local/LPub3D Software/LPub3D/libraries/lpub3dldrawunf.zip C:/Users/Walt/AppData/Local/LPub3D Software/LPub3D/libraries/complete.zip"

The puzzle for me is why LPub3D can't find that 3736.dat file in complete.zip when my Windows 10 machine clearly shows that .DAT file in that .ZIP file. I've tried running LPub3D as an administrator and it still fails.

Walt
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LPUB3D problems - by Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen - 2015-10-05, 10:53
Re: LPUB3D problems - by Trevor Sandy - 2015-10-05, 11:35
Re: LPUB3D problems - by Trevor Sandy - 2015-10-06, 11:01
RE: LPUB3D problems - by Walt White - 2017-01-08, 21:54
RE: LPUB3D problems - by Walt White - 2017-01-08, 21:56
RE: LPUB3D problems - by David Manley - 2017-01-09, 23:59
RE: LPUB3D problems - by Walt White - 2017-01-11, 0:19
RE: LPUB3D problems - by David Manley - 2017-02-03, 6:18
RE: LPUB3D problems - by Walt White - 2017-02-03, 16:59