LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 (win+linux)
Niklas Buchmann Wrote:First, if you use the selectors from the select menu like "Same color" or "Same part", the selection is extended to all parts in groups containing a part that gets selected. This way it is often not possible to use this options for tasks like recoloring all red parts to blue, because any group containing a single part in the working color gets completely changed to the new color.
This is a tough one as the whole point of groups is to use multiple parts as if they where one. I do have something planned for a future version solving this though (group layers). But it will be in 1.6 at the earliest. In the meantime I advice to maximize sub model usage and keep grouping for things spread of multiple models.

Niklas Buchmann Wrote:Then there is a (very) small bug in the task bin: Sometimes - and I haven't been able to find out under what circumstances exactly - the filter text display is not updated when switching between different part bin views with active filters. Nothing serious, but still a bug.
I probably indirectly fixed this in 1.5 as the part bin code was partly rewritten to allow for multiple windows of them.

Niklas Buchmann Wrote:While I'm at filters, do you think it's possible a small list of one-click filter presets like Sergio did in SR 3d builder? I find that's something I'm missing a lot in LDCad. It wouldn't have to be long list, just somehing like a list of numbers from 1 to 16 to filter the dimensions of plates etc.
I could add some kind of filter template combo I'll see what I can do. In the mean time try to minimize using the generic search group as it indeed gives too much results unless you search for something specific. Instead use the category branch to limit things to e.g. panels to start with.

Niklas Buchmann Wrote:And do you think it would make sense to filter out aliases, moved parts and submodels (any part starting with = or ~, I think) in the list of search results in the part bin?
This is already possible using the filer dialog. You open it by clicking the filter text area. In it you'll find some include options at the right.

Thanks for your thoughts/suggestions.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2015-06-17, 16:48