Questions about license and conversion of rotation matrix

Questions about license and conversion of rotation matrix
Hello everyone!

Are you allowed to create a software application that uses the LDR file format (the sets, not the parts) without asking or do I have to register my software somewhere? Because I am working on a game in which you build official and custom sets from the point of view of a minifig and it uses the LDR format to place all the bricks at the right position and players can import their own LDR files as long as they only use the parts that I have modeled for the game (it doesn't use any LDraw parts).

My second question is related to the first as I have a problem with the game. To be more precise, I have trouble converting the LDraw coordinate system to the game engine's system (Unreal Engine 4):

In the engine's visual scripting component I hooked up the values like this:

On the left you see the index of a line that starts with "1" and all the green 1s in the center column of the image can either be 1 or -1. I would have done it the brute force method and try all combinations but there are 1024 of them which would take too long. Most parts are placed correctly, it's just the angled pieces such as these flowers:

They are correctly placed inside the LDR file as well as in my modeling software. If someone with a sharper mind than mine could tell me which values I have to change to convert the axes correctly, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you in advance!

PS: I hope this is the right place for this question.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Questions about license and conversion of rotation matrix - by Matthias Deinert - 2015-05-13, 20:47