LDCad 1.4a (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux)
Quote:Highly appreciated, after all the time I spent on Fabuland and Friends figures
Right back at you Smile

Quote:Well, the Friends hairs I tested do have accessory pin connectivity?
I mean the normal minifig aso/hair/heads as there are way more of those.

Quote:....smooth panels and 1x1 round tiles
I thought I fixed those, I checked again and noticed the tech pin not wanting to go to both sides of some of the holes. That's actually caused by the pin it self as axles etc do behave correctly. Anyhow I corrected it.

As for the plates (6141) do you mean to place them stud facing outwards inside a tech beam hole, like so:

.png   1x1.png (Size: 20.37 KB / Downloads: 12)
If so I've added that info to the 1x1 plates. I didn't notice anything else wrong with the 1x1 tiles though.

Quote:(edit) Is it intended that there is no stud connectivity in the middle of stud4 primitives?
I'm not completely sure but I think I left stud4.dat without snap info because I considered it not a 'real' stud primitive. This in means it is used scaled and the hole will almost always lead into some bigger shape in the higher parts.

I'll have to do some more looking around and try to make the needed adjustments for 1.5.

Quote: I think that mixing pins and connectors in the same Technic bin is not such a good idea, as there are MANY connectors, and pins are so ubiquitous. Pins are not very easy to use, especially since many connectors have pin in description making filter uneffective.
Yes, most bins are based upon a set of include/exclude filter rules and it is there fore very hard to split the connectors from the pin parts unless it's done by handpicking the .dat numbers which isn't very future proof. Do you know of another way to uniformly split those parts based on description, number, keyword, etc?

I redid the release packages of 1.4a (as the executable's remain the same) and updated the downloads. Alternativly you could place the attached changed seed files in your existing setup (rename to .sf)

Attached Files
.zip   partBin.zip (Size: 431.24 KB / Downloads: 0)
.zip   shadow.zip (Size: 290.43 KB / Downloads: 0)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2015-01-24, 20:42
Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - by Jason Smith - 2015-01-25, 0:03
Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2015-01-25, 20:14
Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - by Steffen - 2015-01-26, 20:55
Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - by Steffen - 2015-01-26, 21:02
Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - by Jason Smith - 2015-01-28, 3:55
Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - by Jason Smith - 2015-02-11, 8:43
Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - by Jason Smith - 2015-01-28, 3:38