JBrickBuilder connection model

Re: JBrickBuilder connection model
Hi Roland.

Part 32209.dat requires a manual definition of connection points, because autodetect fails: it is an axle defined with axleholes primitives Big Grin

So, to use my connection model, I defined two connection points:
- an axle from left end to stop ring
- an axle from right end up to end of axle groove near stop ring.

The behavior depends from "receiving" part. If you use a brick with an axlehole, axlehole "deepness" (or brick thickness) is greater than "gap" in stop ring, so part 32209 act as it was a normal 5.5L axle. Program don't checks collision between parts.

Moreover, to made connection for some parts a bit more easy, I added a sort of "near attraction" in rail type connections, so if you put an axle into an axlehole it "snaps" to hole axis when you put axle "in front" at the hole, at about 10 LDU. This feature make useless the "gap" in 32209.dat connection definition for JBrickBuilder.

I try to balance "correctness" of connection points with excessive point definitions. I.e., for part 2540.dat (plate 1x2 with handle) I defined a single bar (rail type) connection straight for whole bar length, so it is a single connection point, instead of three.

It is up to user to check "visually" that parts does not "collides" or overlapping.

Mario
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: JBrickBuilder connection model - by Mario Pascucci - 2015-01-23, 13:51