How to design removing parts?

How to design removing parts?
I am trying to motorize my train so that I need to draw removing original parts for space to assmbler battery and receiver, I am not sure how to substrate parts from train, I only know how to add parts to train, can you help me?
Re: How to design removing parts?
Not simple, but you should be able to do that using BUFEXCHG. Can't tell much more, never tried myself...
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Not simple, but you should be able to do that using BUFEXCHG. Can't tell much more, never tried myself...
Thanks for your hint, I will try it.
By the way, can I add some text on instructions? For example, before removing parts with "Motorized Train" and so on.
Two possibilities:
- generate text as LDraw parts using txt2dat tool. Pro: LPub source remains self contained. Con: can be tricky to orient the part not to get weird 3D look.
- Insert external images containing text (in lpub, edit -> add image). Simpler theoretically, better look easily achieved. But external images can be tricky to use especially for multi-step pages, lpub is notoriously buggy there.
Buffer Exchange

http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/advanced1...r_exchange

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Two possibilities:
- generate text as LDraw parts using txt2dat tool. Pro: LPub source remains self contained. Con: can be tricky to orient the part not to get weird 3D look.
- Insert external images containing text (in lpub, edit -> add image). Simpler theoretically, better look easily achieved. But external images can be tricky to use especially for multi-step pages, lpub is notoriously buggy there.
I have another idea, use brick with letter to spell word as a ldr part then insert to main, is this ok?
There's also the old school method of opening the files in a graphics editor (e.g. GIMP) and adding the text there Smile

Tim
Tim Gould Wrote:There's also the old school method of opening the files in a graphics editor (e.g. GIMP) and adding the text there Smile

Tim
But my instructions is in PDF format...
LPub does output .png files which can be joined in a .pdf.

My point is that there comes a point where elbow grease has to fill in the blanks. The natural tendency of a computer orientated person (myself included) is to automate everything. But it's not always the best way.

Tim
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »