GUI for LDmakeList?

Re: GUI for LDmakeList? Second build
Magnus Forsberg Wrote:What's the point of having both "Include Unofficial part directory" and "Include official parts only"?
What will happen if I tick both?

Some people (like me) have their unofficial parts in the official folder. Others may have official parts in the unofficial parts folder. One option includes additional directories, the other eliminates parts based on their status metatag. They are not the same, and are indirectly a result of LDraw having different systems nominating "officialdom".

Selecting both options will include all official parts in your main, and unofficial parts folders, and include zero unofficial parts.

Quote:What will the "Remove duplicate entries" do?
Remove is such a strong word. Do I dare using it?

Probably "exclude" is the better word. Will change that in the next release. No parts will be harmed while using this option Smile

Quote:I don't understand what the "Sort by Description (Patterns at end)" is trying to do.
Why isn't all patterned parts moved to the end of the file? It seams to gather all files with a "p" in the filename instead.

Who, or what program, wants to have the patterned parts moved to the end?
MLCad doesn't care. It seams to do its own sorting, regardless of the order in "parts.lst".

I think I added that option for MLCad's benefit. If MLCad will ignore it, then it has little use. But it does (or at least approximates) what it says on the box, so I'll leave it in for the time being. The benefit of options is that they're optional Smile

Tim
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
GUI for LDmakeList? - by Willy Tschager - 2014-01-25, 20:16
Re: GUI for LDmakeList? - by Tim Gould - 2014-01-25, 23:21
Re: GUI for LDmakeList? - by Scott Wardlaw - 2014-02-02, 2:28
Re: GUI for LDmakeList? - by Philippe Hurbain - 2014-02-03, 13:45
Re: GUI for LDmakeList? - by Willy Tschager - 2014-02-03, 16:02
Re: GUI for LDmakeList? - by Tim Gould - 2014-02-03, 20:21
Re: GUI for LDmakeList? Second build - by Tim Gould - 2014-02-17, 22:13