Any Train fans that could make instuctions for me?

Re: Any Train fans that could make instuctions for me?
First I want to check if i got your information right: You have built actually 10 train designs in real life and want to make intructions for them?

The first thing I would do is using a 3D Lego modeling program as SR 3D Builder, Mclad ,LDCad or some other and exactly rebuild the model virtually (provided all part you used are in the LDraw part library).

SR 3D Builder has part snaping and a instruction miner, so it would be my choice for this task.
With the instruction miner you can determine the load order of each part and use pause for each instruction step.
Maybe other programs also have this - dont no for sure...

After completion of your model and a good choice of instruction steps you can view your model also with LDView - In my opinion the program which has the nicest 3D View of all LDraw library using programs.

Then you aready have kind of a instruction...
To make a more nice instruction you maybe should make submodels (just divide the model in useful submodels if necessary).

Then load every step in LDView and make a screenshot - and you have a simple instruction. LDView has the possibility to show edgelines.

For a more beatiful instruction rendering would be nice. But that can really get more advanced... (maybe even raytracing, or pathtracing)...

I think you should just try these points yourself (without the last one)

On the other hand :
If anybody would do this for you, how would you share your designs ? images aren't enough if they are not very simple...

So I think either way you should build your model first virtually ( or did you do this already?)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Any Train fans that could make instuctions for me? - by Christoph Mierowski - 2013-12-06, 22:58