DATHeader 3.0.12.0

DATHeader 3.0.12.0
I just released DATHeader version 3.0.12.0.

The following changed:
NEW:
1) The new folder p/8/ is now integrated
2) "Alias" parts are now checked for: (announcement see here)
2a) Description needs to start with "="
2b) Only color 16 is allowed
2c) It needs to have a comment with the wording Alias of <partnumber>
2d) <partnumber> needs to be the part number of the linetype 1 referrer
3) "Physical_Colour" parts are now checked for: (announcement see here)
3a) The colours used needs to mentioned in the description (f.e. [320] or [4/320]
3b) There should be no line with color 16 and/or 24 in this file
3c) Only linetype 1 and 0 should be used within this file
CHANGE: -
BUGFIX: Wrong brackets around username now mentioned as error. (For error report see this message)

You can download the new version from ldraw.heidemann.org as usual.

Please leave your comments, suggestions and/or error reports as response to this message.
Re: DATHeader 3.0.12.0
Just downloaded and installed DATHeader 3.0.12.
First thing I noticed is that it no longer comes with category.txt in the zip file. I still had the old file though, and the update function worked as well.
Then I opened my new train track part and header check complains about the category:
ERROR Entry for !CATEGORY.
I have this line in my header:
0 !CATEGORY Train
Can't see anything wrong with that line...

The article links in the help file are no longer correct.
http://www.ldraw.org/Article512.html should now be http://www.ldraw.org/article/512.

When it's optimising I noticed it's changed some triangles. For example this:
3 16 -16 8 20 -9.876 8 22.903 -2 8 22.961
was change to this:
3 16 -2 8 22.961 -16 8 20 -9.876 8 22.903

Why would it do that? It's the same winding direction, just putting another point first.
Is your part named 'train track...' or something else that started with 'train' you don't need to duplicate the first word train in a category line. For the other problems we need to wait for Mike.

/Max
Thank you very much for your feedback.

To give a full qualified answer to your questions I need to know which part you are talking about, so I can try to do the same than you have done here.

After that I will hopefully be able to answer your questions.

So please upload the file you encountered the problems you mention.
For the category rules please have a look at http://www.ldraw.org/article/340.html
I had seen the article about categories and keywords but it doesn't say "If the first word in the name is the same as the category, omit the category". That rule does explain what I saw though so may be article needs to be updated?
Attaching WIP part 85976.

Attached Files
.dat   85976_Backup_2013-10-14_12-49-45.dat (Size: 63.37 KB / Downloads: 1)
Yes, you are completely right. The article does not explain what we have agreed on and DATHeader works with.
Thanks for the file.

I just loaded this file into DATHeader 3.0.12.0.

I can confirm that the problem reported for the !CATEGORY entry depends on the first word of the part description. The first word of the description is already a word that is present in the official category list and therefore it is wasting space to repeat that word in a separate category statement. If you would choose another category no error is reported.

Ronald Vallenduuk Wrote:When it's optimising I noticed it's changed some triangles. For example this:
3 16 -16 8 20 -9.876 8 22.903 -2 8 22.961
was change to this:
3 16 -2 8 22.961 -16 8 20 -9.876 8 22.903
I can not find that source line in the file you provided. If I try to do optimizing I am told by DATHeader that no optimization can be done ??
So at this point I can not give a better answer now.
Oops... wrong file. Uploaded the main file instead of the sub.
Check line 18 before and after optimisation.

Attached Files
.dat   85976s01_Backup_2013-10-15_08-59-27.dat (Size: 35.04 KB / Downloads: 0)
Looks like it is related to the triangle to quad optimisation. That said, it doesn't hurt, since the order of vertices doesn't matter provided winding is not changed.
I think Philo is completely right on this item.

As there is no error mentioned by DATHeader for the body the only task that can be done is triangle to quad optimization.
And like Philo already mentioned it doesn't matter which values are written first. Only the winding needs to be the same.

I hope this answered your question.
Like I said in my first post, I noticed the winding remained the same. I was just curious why a triangle that wasn't changed in the optimisation was apparently rewritten anyway.
To answer your question a bit more detailed I need to explain how triangle to quad works.
I go through the file and if I find a triangle, I search the whole file again for a triangle that has the same ab line. By doing this I rotate the triangle values (abc -> bca -> cab) and if none fits i go to the next line. You can just see that I have to rotate the values one more time to have the same situation as before, but why doing that? it only will costs computing time. Smile

I hope this answers the rest of your question.
That pretty much answers the question.
Thanks!
DATHeader 3.0.12.2 Bugfix
I just released DATHeader version 3.0.12.2. Only bugfix version.

The following changed:
BUGFIX:
1) Some commands for the build in viewer are not correctly remembered.
2) Downloaded primitives are now put into the same temporary folder like parts, so they are shown in the viewer if viewing the calling file.

You can download the new version from ldraw.heidemann.org as usual.

Please leave your comments, suggestions and/or error reports as response to this message.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »