The Case for Underside Fillet Primitives

Re: The Case for Underside Fillet Primitives
I didn't get any respons on my hold vote at PT, and maybe you have corrected your fillet allready, but I feel that I must act before you dig yourself deeper into this.

IMHO, there is a flaw in your design.
Let me try to explain what I mean. Why did LEGO change this design?
I say it's because it is impossible to connect a 1x1 brick to the underside of a big brick. There isn't enough surfaces to give a stud enough clutch power. It simply can't connect. Have a look at my picture.

[Image: filletstuds.png]

The new design has a thinner outer wall and gives place for tiny boxes along the inside.
The reinforcements are there to give more surfaces for the stud connection.
It is possible to connect a 1x1 brick in any place, on the underside of a new big brick.
In the old design it is only possible to place a 1x1 brick in the corners.

The current design of your stux-primitives have many issues.

If I were to try to make these, I'd go for only two new files.
Why?
Because the distance between two studs are always the same, as so is the distance between a stud and the surrounding outer walls.
I would make one file creating the wall between two studs, and one file creating the wall between a stud and the wall. And then use those.

I started writing this two hour ago, but didn't have time to finish it. I now see that Chris has the same idea.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Case for Underside Fillet Primitives - by Magnus Forsberg - 2013-08-13, 21:07