LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2013-01 now available

Re: LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2013-01 now available
It appears that the setup prog cannot create or write in a temporary folder. All so called "Primer files" - the PovRAY setup file is among them - will be extracted from the setup executable to the setup executable's temporary directory before the installation process begins so they can be used at the very start of the installation process, right after the user runs the setup executable.

All these file couldn't be found in your C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\_ir_sf_temp_0\ directory at a later point. I have no clues why this has happened. My guessing is that it is bound to access rights. Anyway you can force the setup executable to use an alternate directory. Find below an extract from the installer help file:

/T:<<file path>>
Every setup executable requires some temporary space on the user's hard drive during the installation process. By default, Setup Factory uses the user's TEMP directory for extracting temporary files and other miscellaneous operations. You can force the setup executable to use an alternate directory by using the /T command line option.

The syntax for the /T option is:

/T:<<file path>>

Replace "<<file path>>" with the path to the folder you want the setup executable to use for its temporary files. (Be sure to put quotes around the entire argument if the path includes any spaces.) If the folder doesn't already exist on the user's system, it will be created automatically.

For example:

"C:\Downloads\setup.exe" "/T:C:\My Temp Dir"

(forces the installer to use "C:\My Temp Dir" for temporary files)

Bye, w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2013-01 now available - by Willy Tschager - 2013-11-28, 14:08