I created my first part: 14413.dat

Re: I created my first part: 14413.dat
Alright, I sent an e-mail to Chris, and found the offending quad (not sure how that one got past me, I thought I had them all).

As for BFC, I don't think the original file was, so obviously mine wasn't either. From what I gather from that page, it's all about making sure all the quads and triangles have either clockwise or counter-clockwise winding, and then including a line specifying which. Is that right?

One other question regarding this line:
"The order can be either clockwise or counter-clockwise (AKA anti-clockwise), and is based on viewing the polygon from its front side."

Does that mean the visible side? Because which side is "front" depends on the viewing angle, but "visible side" implies the side that can actually be seen.

Also, is there a quick way to tell which polys are clockwise and which are counter-clockwise? Going through the part poly by poly seems tedius, even with the limited number in this part.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: I created my first part: 14413.dat - by Jude Parrill - 2013-07-18, 8:45