Regarding rendering of parts

Re: Regarding rendering of parts
I'm sorry for the confusion, bfc is quite tricky and how to use it is also somewhat up to the software reading it.

The BFC matas only supply you with winding information for a particular file. From such files you can create geometry with correct winding.

For uncertified files (non bfc meta) the winding is unknown, but in your example the file only contains references. This basically means winding information can be determent by examining the reference matrix. This usually goes for models.

The second an uncertified dat file includes type 3 or 4 lines this goes out the window and those poly's should be rendered with some sort of compensation (duplicate geo, two sides lighting).

Now how any recursion from such a uncertified file is to be handled is up to you, and the way you set up your rendering pipeline.

As on LDView's behaviour, I'm not sure (Travis?) but I think LDView is forcing the non culling based on the file being a .dat (models are usually .ldr or .mpd). This forces a visual mode that helps part authors checking the bfc state of a part.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Regarding rendering of parts - by Roland Melkert - 2013-04-08, 21:37