Feedback Request: Table of Offests for Related Parts

Re: Feedback Request: Table of Offests for Related Parts
Hi Allen,

we can follow different ways:
- If it is needed, then I can code a small routine that extracts all identified connections for each part and write them to separate files using the syntax implemented in my application. This can help anyone needing the connection database using it, but, also, any improvement made to the database can be easily reused by my application
- On the other side I can try to detail the way I create my DB connections from subparts, but this is quite tricky to explain and may cause different application identifying different connections. I suppose it is not a good solution

Anyway there are some additional considerations to do: the most important is that may connections used in the application cannot be predetermined and stored into a database. An example of them are gears: while you can pre-determine the position of the axle they will turn around, you cannot know where 2 gears will be connected to transfer motion, so this connection is added AFTER the gears are placed. This is valid also for racks, sliding parts, screw worm and a few of other parts.

About to specific details about syntax:
ox, oy , oz represents the orientation of a connection. So the axle connections present on a 135° connector (part 32192.dat) will have an approx orientation of 0 0.707 0.707

Sergio
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Feedback Request: Table of Offests for Related Parts - by Sergio Reano - 2013-02-08, 22:21