How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers)

Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers)
Sure, but what about an iOS 6.1 unthethered jailbreak? What happens if Apple just hires those two guys? What happens if those two guys get run over by a bus? What if they have kids and run out of time to pore over machine code looking for security exploits? Are you smart enough to do it yourself? What if Apple sues them all under the DMCA? (Recall, the Library of Congress specifically declined to make an exception for tablet jailbreaking.)

Most people will reasonably give up after one of those questions. Even if there are enough really smart people to keep jailbreaking alive in perpetuity, it will never be consistently reliable or up-to-date on the latest hardware. Without a change of values at Apple, it will never be a legitimate distribution model.

Allen
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers) - by Allen Smith - 2012-12-19, 21:08