How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers)

Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers)
If you follow the jailbreak community, you know that Apple has done pretty much everything in its considerable power to stop it. And you also know that they have been succeeding. There is no available jailbreak for any device Apple is currently selling. There is never any guarantee that jailbreaks will continue to be found, or that there will be any measure of reliability once they are. (Since Apple has been extremely successful in preventing jailbreakers from installing the system software versions of their choice, if you bork your jailbreaked device, it's borked forever. You can't just do a clean reinstall.) I have a jailbroken iPad. And based on that experience, yes, I'm ignoring jailbreaking. It was the most effective advertisement for Android I have ever seen.

As to the $100 per year: sure, if it were just a "maintenance cost" to pay for hosting services which could be comparison-shopped, I wouldn't have a problem. But it is not. It is a monopolistically-imposed entrance fee which buys you temporary permission to develop on Apple hardware.

Allen
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers) - by Allen Smith - 2012-12-19, 20:27