How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers)

Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers)
Hello, i'm a noob too, but here's my 2 cents before the veterans of the forum reply:

1) non certified part, for what i've understood, are to be considered 2 poligon, facing opposite side. I've asked the very same question as i encountered the problem Smile replies are here.

2) i implemented smoothing using conditional lines, and LDView author did the same. Basically instead of relaying on angles, you smooth two faces when they're connected by a conditional line. The results looks good (you can see my renderer here)

3) didn't understand Smile

4) i'm no lawyer Smile

5) mmm nothing i could think of. Except for bowtied quads and non bfc parts, the file format and the specification are straightforward and without surprise, if a little naive. At the beginning i was hoping the vertex and face count would stay reasonably low for small models, but that was not the case. Even the smaller parts have studs and curved innards and for small/medium builds the vertex count just explodes to tens or hundreds of thousands.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers) - by Nicola - 2012-12-17, 16:06