Scoping rules for TEXMAP

Re: Scoping rules for TEXMAP
My goal has always been to simply clean up the sticky edge cases in this otherwise nice design. Unfortunately, there was no venue to do so beforehand. Joshua even seemed unsure how to interpret the specification himself on some of the stickiest edge cases. I am unaware of any means of dialogue with the parties responsible for the implementation Joshua advocates, nor am I aware of any way to even view or interact with their work.

In any event, it is impossible for me to implement this particular behavior as given, and I would suspect it to be similarly impossible (or immensely onerous) for anyone else to implement it. Since it would be quite peculiar for anyone to try and take advantage of the behavior as written, there isn't really a lot of harm in changing it either.

There is at least one other spec deficiency which must be corrected: the angle units on the other two texture types:
http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...83#pid6483
Hopefully the original developers step forward to answer this, or else we're just going to have to pick something.

Allen
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Scoping rules for TEXMAP - by Allen Smith - 2012-10-09, 16:32
Re: Scoping rules for TEXMAP - by Allen Smith - 2012-10-16, 17:10
Re: Scoping rules for TEXMAP - by Allen Smith - 2012-10-25, 18:43