[TOOL] MLCad Parts List to Bricklink Wanted List

Re: [TOOL] MLCad Parts List to Bricklink Wanted List
Kai Fenner Wrote:The Tool is beta! It does not reflect differences in part numbering between MLCad and Bricklink. Simply because I just don't [know] them.

This was something I was thinking about the other day. For the most part, LDraw is pretty good at lining up with Bricklink and others in terms of part numbers, but there are discrepencies. The most noticable places are with patterned parts (I've noticed it with Minifig torsos) and parts with unknown numbers (LDraw uses "u...." whereas Bricklink uses "x....").

I was wondering if there has been any thought to adding HELP lines to those files whose part numbers don't line up with with other LEGO resources. This could be helpful to those looking for a particular part based off, say, a Bricklink inventory or some such or, as this topic about, those looking to create a Bricklink order list from a LDraw file.

It could be something as simple as:
0 !HELP Bricklink Part # [xxxx]

If there is sufficient interest in this, I might be willing to help compile a list/do some part editing as well.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: [TOOL] MLCad Parts List to Bricklink Wanted List - by Jude Parrill - 2012-09-24, 7:10