Importance of stud orientation?

Re: Importance of stud orientation?
Thank you all for your clarification. I guess there is a chance that adding a logo to every stud or part that requires one could cause a slowdown during display, although most home machines would have progressed in computational power since the initial creation of the LDraw system.

And, as Steffen said, it would be time-consuming to check all existing parts.

Steffen Wrote:question is if you would like to dedicate your precious energy maybe to helping us review
the existing pile of parts...

I have requested reviewer access and, when it is granted, will certainly do my best to review what I can. (My LDraw knowledge is not as in depth as a lot of existing Parts Tracker reviewers.)

Orion Pobursky Wrote:Stud logos are not defined in the spec.

Is there a chance that this is likely to change? Although programs like LDView can superimpose stud logos on instances of stud.dat, there are wheel rims/hubs that have the logo which LDView does not display. I know it's currently personal preference, but I'm a fan of the studs logos showing where they should.

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Just wanted to add that several parts changed stud orientation when LEGO re-tooled the molds...

I've certainly noticed this when researching stud orientation for LGEO parts. The oddest example I found was the yellow part shown here.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Importance of stud orientation? - by Owen Burgoyne - 2012-07-26, 17:00