Too many subforums?

Re: Too many subforums?
There are generally two trains of thought when first starting new forums: Start with many sub-forums and then delete/consolodate the rarely used forums, or start with just a few sub-forums and branch off new forums as the need arises. Now, everybody would like to start off with the "perfect amount" of sub-forums, but this is rarely easy to pull off and invariable you'll end up have a few to many or not quite enough. Now, being fairly new to this community, I can't say for certain what's right for it. However, I've been involved with a fair amount of forums around the tubes, so I do have some insight into these matters. Also, you DID as for my opinion (you'll learn soon enough not to do that (Tongue)).

So what I'd like to see is the organizational scheme looking something more like this:

General:
- Announcements
- CoC *
- Help
- Suggestions
- General Discussion

Part Authoring:
- Part Standards
- General Part Discussion
- Part Reviewing
- Part Author Tools

Modeling:
- Official Model Repository
- MOCs
- Model Editor Discussion
- Rendering Software & Techniques

Organization:
Whatever super-secret discussion boards you already have here.

*I found it interesting that you guys don't have any sort of Rules or "Code of Conduct" forum or thread around here. Perhaps you feel that you don't need one. However, they're nice to have when some upstart punk comes in shaking up the status quo. You can be all like "Hey, didn't you read the CoC?!?"Wink

Anyways, that's my two cents.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Too many subforums? - by Tim Gould - 2011-08-07, 3:09
Re: Too many subforums? - by Tim Gould - 2011-08-07, 3:33
Re: Too many subforums? - by Orion Pobursky - 2011-08-07, 11:09
Re: Too many subforums? - by Anders Isaksson - 2011-08-07, 21:09
Re: Too many subforums? - by Orion Pobursky - 2011-08-08, 9:01
Re: Too many subforums? - by Roland Melkert - 2011-08-07, 16:20
Re: Too many subforums? - by Anders Isaksson - 2011-08-07, 21:02
Re: Too many subforums? - by Jude Parrill - 2011-08-08, 3:48