why not open LSC forum for posting for everyone?

Re: why not open LSC forum for posting for everyone?
> Correction: In the past the discussions were done
> in the private mailing list AND in open
> announcements for everyone to reposond in
> democratic threads on LUGNET. Open for everyone.
> This is not what I call equally unavailable.

The LSC forum is, by the LSC charter, open for reading but closed to posting for everyone but the LSC. This is why we created the "Parts Standards" forum, to allow for the general discussion of standards. The SteerCo forum is closed and should only be visible to current SteerCo members and the website administration. If you can see it and don't meet the requirements, let me know since there is a settings problem. The public forum for the SteerCo in the "LDraw Organization Discussion" forum.

To sum up:
- Each private forum has a corresponding public forum
- The private LSC forum is publicly viewable because the LSC charter requires it to be

> If it really is that important to keep the
> announcement forums clear from feedback, at least
> there should be some kind of follow-up-to... set
> to the announcements so there will be a link to
> the follow-up discussion that absolutely should be
> allowed and encouraged.

I concede that the way announcements are handled right now in the software is currently sub-optimal. I'm looking into options but right now I think best solution is to open up a topic in the relevant forum and link to it in the announcement post. This will allow discussion to flow and eliminated Easter egg hunting for the correct topic, especially if someone comes in late to the conversation.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: why not open LSC forum for posting for everyone? - by Orion Pobursky - 2011-08-07, 9:54