3626bp66 aka Trouble with Minifig Faces

Re: 3626bp65 aka Trouble with Minifig Faces
So my response will begin with, "I'm such a dunce"!

Philo,

When I converted the text files into LPC files they showed up as primitives instead of vertices. However you put me on the right track. I found the dimensions for the vertices of the former you sent me, and there my path to uber-dunce-dom began. Following your advice I was able to use SlicerPro to project my pattern onto the former... only to find out that the former didn't line up with the primitives I had found in the LDraw directory. After a few hours of toying in directions that got me nowhere, I finally decided to calculate out every vertex for every quadrilateral on the exterior of a minifig head and create my own former (I have only now realized several hours later, that in typical fashion I made this project much harder than it needed to be). I have attached the formers I created for both the old and new style minifig heads as well as the projections of my pattern on both minifig heads. I haven't run it through edger and I don't have any conditional lines in the design, but I thought I would give you and update of my progress.

Phil

Attached Files
.dat   3626bp66_Import_From_LPC.dat (Size: 10.56 KB / Downloads: 1)
.dat   Old Style Minifig Head Former.dat (Size: 4.64 KB / Downloads: 0)
.dat   New Style Minifig Head Former.dat (Size: 5.69 KB / Downloads: 0)
.dat   3626bp66_Old_Style_Minifig_Head.dat (Size: 26.59 KB / Downloads: 0)
.dat   3626bp66_New_Style_Minifig_Head.dat (Size: 31.63 KB / Downloads: 0)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: 3626bp65 aka Trouble with Minifig Faces - by Philip Peickert - 2012-02-24, 4:36