Leading or trailing white space characters in file names

Re: Leading or trailing white space characters in file names
Allen Smith Wrote:At an even deeper level, I honestly never can imagine LDraw as a format anyone would ever dream of writing by hand (although I know lots of people do it). I find the format very hostile to hand-authorship.
On the contrary, the entire reason I was first drawn to LDraw (besides Legos Big Grin) was the fact that I was looking for a simple human-readable 3D model format that I could make 3D models with any normal text editor.

Allen Smith Wrote:I do think it's kind of ironic that people use (and are very concerned about having) leading space in files for readability purposes, but absolutely despised the way Bricksmith used to format lines into fixed-space columns for readability. I always thought columnization transformed LDraw files from illegible globs of numbers into something I at least had a fighting chance of interpreting. But long-time LDraw people complained about it to no end, and now it's gone.
I just found the 6 trailing zeroes annoying, spaces would be fine by me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Leading or trailing white space characters in file names - by Jean-Philippe Ouellet - 2012-01-19, 2:04