Modelling patterns that depend on the underlying part colour

Re: Modelling patterns that depend on the underlying part colour
Chris Dee Wrote:To provide only official LEGO Part Shapes, but allow them to be rendered in any colour, including non-issued colours. The library will not include custom shapes, but by rendering a patterned part in a different colour you can obviously generate something that was not issued by LEGO.

Thats is absolutely understandable. For shapes this is a good final answer. But it is no answer for patterns, is it? If you handle them the same, color 16 would be the right choice for the discussed parts. Otherwise: May I submit the attached part to the parts tracker (don't worry! I won't)? It is an official LEGO Part Shape, but it is precolored (patterned) in a way it does not exist physically (it is used in the computer game LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean, so it could even perhaps treated as an official LEGO part Smile ). I think this is a custom pattern.

My achivements giude exactly to the initial statement:
Chris Dee Wrote:By convention, we only model the printed colours of patterns and use colour 16 for any unprinted areas.
And my opinion is that we should keep the convention.

Rolf

Attached Files
.dat   c44676p01.dat (Size: 963 bytes / Downloads: 0)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Modelling patterns that depend on the underlying part colour - by Rolf Osterthun - 2012-01-05, 17:31