replacing the filename with the file data but getting no graphical data

Re: replacing the filename with the file data but getting no graphical data
Hi Kris,

First of all, I'd highly recommend reading through all of this.

Now, the reason the lines you mentioned don't have part names after them is because they aren't parts. At the beginning of each line, there is a number. In the first line you posted...
3 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0.9239 0 0.3827
... this number is 3. If you look through the article I mentioned, you'll see that this means it is a Triangle. In fact, it looks like all of your lines there are triangles.

Now, to include a sub-part in your file, you need line type 1, which you have later (and in your first post). Thus, typing in...
1 16 0 -4 0 6 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 6
... is meaningless, since you haven't included a filename at the end, and it is likely that whatever software you're using ignored the line because it was malformed. Either that or the whole file wasn't loaded due to the error (I'm not sure what you're seeing/not seeing).

Does this make sense (I'm not really an expert)?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: replacing the filename with the file data but getting no graphical data - by Jude Parrill - 2011-12-27, 3:08