LDCad script integration of LDInspector's collision detection

RE: LDCad script integration of LDInspector's collision detection
one step further: some of the collisions my collision detection reports are "really existing" in LDraw but do not exist in real world, like this collision of an axle with a technic brick shown by LDInspector:

.gif   01_CollidingParts_LDInspector.gif (Size: 41.62 KB / Downloads: 55)

Zooming very close in LDCad gives this (with some markers done in  Big Grin GIMP):

.gif   02_CollidingDetails_LDCad_Marked.gif (Size: 10.16 KB / Downloads: 54)

So this is not a collision to avoid but is reported correctly by LDInspector. Those kind of collisions have to be checked manually, maybe even marked afterwards as "this is ok". I would suggest some internal line type like "0 !LDxx IGNORECOLLISION [whatever]" with [whatever] indicating the checked part. How this "whatever" should look like, I have some ideas but no final proposal.

Unfortunately, the above shown collision is not reported by my current version of the collision detection in LDCad but only shown by LDInspector - I'm still searching for the reason.  Bugs are found, see updated version of the script.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad script integration of LDInspector's collision detection - by Stefan Frenz - 2022-09-02, 15:05