LDPE 1.8.56 Beta Released (lines+surface intersections/ shortkeys/ empty subfile warnings)

RE: 1.8.56 Beta Released (lines+surface intersections/ shortkeys/ empty subfile warnings)
(2022-05-24, 14:16)N. W. Perry Wrote: Is there a way to check whether this and other options are enabled before launching the program? (In case you've forgotten…)

By "are enabled" you mean "are possible to enable and use"?
There is unfortunately no trivial way for me to check.

To put it in more technical words:
I implemented a basic check which determines the effective OpenGL version of the GL context which was created by the software.
If the version of the context is still below 3.3 then it will automatically fall back to the legacy 2.1 context.
On Mac OS X for example, I can only create a legacy context (OpenGL 2.1). The OpenGL support is really tricky on MacBooks.

What makes it difficult: the OpenGL compatibility depends on your hardware, it depends on the driver and operating system.
I have only a Linux/Windows Desktop and Notebook and a Macbook Pro to test LDPE on.
Whenever I make a change, it should still work on every platform.

I am currently not convinced to invest more time in improving automatic hardware detection and compatibility checks.
Mainly, because I can not really define what should be done/improved and I don't know how to test it properly.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.8.56 Beta Released (lines+surface intersections/ shortkeys/ empty subfile warnings) - by Nils Schmidt - 2022-05-24, 20:17