More about ribbed hoses

RE: More about ribbed hoses
(2022-04-08, 15:02)N. W. Perry Wrote: I suggested two changes, but I'm afraid I still don't understand which one you mean, or how it solves anything for Bricklink?

First, I believe 78c03 should have 10 ribs instead of 9, but this part is already in Studio so that does not seem to be an obstacle for them.

Second, I think the actual ribs should look a little fatter and rounder, and the gap should be narrower than the ribs themselves. Here's a picture showing both of these differences (my part is on the bottom):

Note that my 10-rib hose is closer to the 3-stud length, but it's not exact. Only multiples of 5-stud lengths will come out evenly.

But, this says nothing about the 13L part, and in any case we don't control the Bricklink naming. If they need it to be called "Hose, Ribbed 7mm D. 12.8125L / 10.25cm" in order for it to be allowed into Studio, then that's really their call.

oops. I meant to say that if the length of each hose is already correct right now as you say, then I should send a message to Vincent to tell him it is alright to add them to the github repo. The naming is fine. Me and Vincent thought that the length was incorrect. This was probably the reason why the hoses mentioned by Vincent were not added to studio yet. Your desired change looks good. It would be great if this gets used instead of the current version.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
More about ribbed hoses - by N. W. Perry - 2022-01-18, 17:58
RE: More about ribbed hoses - by Thom Kok - 2022-04-07, 17:24
RE: More about ribbed hoses - by Thom Kok - 2022-04-08, 8:34
RE: More about ribbed hoses - by N. W. Perry - 2022-04-08, 15:02
RE: More about ribbed hoses - by Thom Kok - 2022-04-08, 16:57