More about ribbed hoses

RE: More about ribbed hoses
(2022-04-08, 8:34)Thom Kok Wrote: I think it has probably to do with the bricklink naming of the part. If the length is correct for every hose, I could mention it to Vincent. He would probably want to add it then. If your change will be official, then I could mention it on the bricklink studio forum as well.

I suggested two changes, but I'm afraid I still don't understand which one you mean, or how it solves anything for Bricklink?

First, I believe 78c03 should have 10 ribs instead of 9, but this part is already in Studio so that does not seem to be an obstacle for them.

Second, I think the actual ribs should look a little fatter and rounder, and the gap should be narrower than the ribs themselves. Here's a picture showing both of these differences (my part is on the bottom):

Note that my 10-rib hose is closer to the 3-stud length, but it's not exact. Only multiples of 5-stud lengths will come out evenly.

But, this says nothing about the 13L part, and in any case we don't control the Bricklink naming. If they need it to be called "Hose, Ribbed 7mm D. 12.8125L / 10.25cm" in order for it to be allowed into Studio, then that's really their call.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
More about ribbed hoses - by N. W. Perry - 2022-01-18, 17:58
RE: More about ribbed hoses - by Thom Kok - 2022-04-07, 17:24
RE: More about ribbed hoses - by Thom Kok - 2022-04-08, 8:34
RE: More about ribbed hoses - by N. W. Perry - 2022-04-08, 15:02
RE: More about ribbed hoses - by Thom Kok - 2022-04-08, 16:57