LDCad Aligning parts using rotation scripts

RE: Aligning parts using rotation scripts
8.6 Crank Slider Animation Caveats

Two caveats are applicable with the Crank Slider animation;
  1. The slide axis must be on the same relative horizontal axis as that formed by the line segment of the crank rotation and crank alignment parts when at their “zero” position. If there is a horizontal offset, the animation will not be correct.

The code currently contains some commented out code to try to work out any horizontal displacement between the slider axis and crank rotation/crank alignment axis. This is far from finished and has been commented out to enable me to release this version of the scripts. There is an alternative way, which is to require an additional point on the slider to be selected but my gut instinct says that this is a cop out and surely there is a derivation of the horizontal displacement using trigonometry.

2. If using the current viewing plane to derive the axis of rotation, make sure the correct one is active when the animation is run. “Interesting” animations can result otherwise.

8.7 Conclusion

Anyone is welcome to fold, mutilate or spindle these scripts to suit their own means.

If someone wants to work out the necessary logic for calculating the horizontal displacement related to the Crank Slider animation, please do so!

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the scripts by posting to this thread.

Regards,

David
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aligning parts using rotation scripts - by David Manley - 2022-02-24, 2:36