LDCad Aligning parts using rotation scripts

RE: Aligning parts using rotation scripts
David, I do not know how to thank you enough! I tested your script for linkage animation and it works nicely but I must say I have not spent much time with it because I was so curious about part alignment scripts. And I'm impressed how well they work - including bells and whistles like showing two possible alignment options directly in the model, without affecting later undo stack. You did a great job and  helped me with my next models a lot. Thanks again, David, for such nice Christmas present!

And for a motivation how can I help with this. Because this is such a good base it would be pity not to expand it to be helpful in more situations. For example hinges do not have any "central pivot part" your script needs. LDCAD does not allow neither user nor scripts work with snap objects, AFAIK. (And as I remember past conversations with Roland,it is not easy to implement in current LDCAD code.) So I'm thinking about some special helper parts...

Another improvement is using current coordination system instead of the global one. To make script works for setups rotated in any way - just select a part, press "O" to get local coordination system, and continue with the script as usual.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aligning parts using rotation scripts - by Milan Vančura - 2021-12-23, 11:24