LDCad Aligning parts using rotation scripts

RE: Aligning parts using rotation scripts
Wonderful! I can't wait to try it. I have one suggestion you may want to consider, regarding the selection order.

As you know, the two-part rotation is also somewhat present in LDCad using Selection Info, this time with the triangle function. But again, you have to manually copy the rotation angles and apply them yourself (although this time the program correctly decides which direction to rotate).

In LDCad's existing behavior, the selection order for this method is endpoint, rotation center, rotation center, endpoint. You could emulate this behavior in the script by simply swapping points 1 and 2 in the selection order. (I think selecting the actual parts to be moved last is a good idea.)

This would also match the behavior of Roland's custom right angle script, which is used to rotate a part so that it rests against an unknown point on a plane, such as a ladder leaning against a wall. In that script you select 1) the endpoint of the part being rotated, 2) the rotation center, and 3) a point on the plane that is normal to the rotation center.

Not a big deal, of course, just something that might make the integration more seamless.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aligning parts using rotation scripts - by N. W. Perry - 2021-12-16, 16:18