Exporting Contour Lines Along with Snapshot in LDView

RE: Exporting Contour Lines Along with Snapshot in LDView
(2021-09-24, 18:11)G.D. Grant Wrote: Here is the command I typed (I'm using the Windows 10 Command Prompt tool):
Code:
C:\Program Files\LDView>LDView64 spaceman-head.ldr -SaveSnapshot=spaceman-head.png
Did I do something wrong?

Windows does not allow you to write to Program Files. You are trying to get LDView to create spaceman-head.png inside the LDView directory in Program Files. It looks like you don't have LDView 4.4 installed, since that should include LDView.com in that directory. (The timestamp on LDView64.exe confirms that it is not 4.4.)

If you install LDView 4.4, you can run LDView.com instead of LDView64.exe, and it will show you errors. (Since LDView64.exe is a graphical application, it is not possible for it to output text to the Windows command line. LDView.com is a wrapper introduced in LDView 4.4 that runs LDView64.exe while seeing to it that errors get printed.) I believe that it would have told you that it was unable to create spaceman-head.png in this case.

If you run "C:\Program Files\LDView\LDView64.exe" "C:\Program Files\LDView\spaceman-head.ldr" -SaveSnapshot=spaceman-head.png from your user directory, it should succeed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exporting Contour Lines Along with Snapshot in LDView - by Travis Cobbs - 2021-09-24, 19:30