From Willy: Define a standard for helper parts

RE: From Willy: Define a standard for helper parts
(2021-08-20, 8:03)Milan Vančura Wrote: Plus, I'd add CATEGORY (Helper) because why make those parts "homeless" if we know where they belong to? And we can use this information easily later. For example the definition of an editor part bin "CATEGORY == Helper" is easier than by "Helper" in descriptions, preceded by "|", "~|" or nothing (which needs regular expressions or so).

From the !CATEGORY and !KEYWORDS spec:

Quote:If a part has no !CATEGORY meta-statement, the category is assumed to be the first word in the part name (ie. the first word of the first line of the part file).

There should be no need for an explicit !CATEGORY meta-statment based on the proposed names. It will automatically be in the Helper category. I don't use LDCad, but hopefully it already correctly implements this behavior. If CATEGORY == <Whatever> does not work in LDCad for parts without an explicit !CATEGORY meta-statement, then I would suggest requesting that LDCad be fixed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: From Willy: Define a standard for helper parts - by Travis Cobbs - 2021-08-20, 20:05