[LDView][LDCad] Bug rendering 49098.dat

RE: [LDView][LDCad] Bug rendering 49098.dat
(2021-08-17, 20:52)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Yes, don't blame the generator. The blame is all mine. This is the second time (or maybe this was the first) I have created a bad mixed mode torus.
Funny that no one found it until now.

This prim is only used in this part and a fix is already done and in the mail.

Saying that a piece of software has a bug isn't really "blaming" that software. I want to be clear that when I stated that it was my opinion that this was a bug, I was not bad-mouthing the torus generator. All software has bugs. LDView (which I mostly wrote) currently has a number of known bugs, as well as an almost certainly greater number of unknown bugs. That is the nature of software. Now, the whole meme of "is it a bug or a feature" is mostly humorous, but it is based on the fact that some behavior is ambiguous, and hard to classify as "bug", "feature", or "something that will be improved with a future enhancement".

We could continue to argue about what category this particular behavior of the torus generator falls into, but I don't think doing so would be productive. It seems that Philo and you believe that it does not qualify as a bug. That's perfectly valid, and I respect your opinions. However, I don't think it's valid for you to claim that it couldn't possibly be a bug. And I stand by my statement that in my opinion it does qualify as a bug, but if and only if the main use case for the generator is to generate LDraw primitives.

Even if it doesn't qualify as a bug, that still leaves the possibility that it is something that will be improved with a future enhancement.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LDView][LDCad] Bug rendering 49098.dat - by Travis Cobbs - 2021-08-18, 17:04