LDCad - How do I manage groups?

RE: LDCad - How do I manage groups?
(2021-09-05, 20:33)Roland Melkert Wrote: I finally manged to 'observe' this behavior, it turns out this is not supposed to be allowed. Higher groups can contain ones from submodels, it shudn't be possible to add parts from an higher model to a group living in a submodel. I will be blocking such additions in Alpha 2.

I see, so whatever was allowing this behavior operates within the currently running session, but when the file is re-opened, LDCad reads it correctly—that is, ignoring any group items that are in the "wrong" level?

That behavior makes sense and is easier to keep track of. I've already adjusted my workflow accordingly, but it will be useful to have a warning. And it's fine because the mainpart of the group is still allowed to reside in a submodel, as long as the group itself is defined at the highest level.

Is there any chance that version 2 might feature a GUI tool to view and edit all groups and their attributes? It would help when trying to troubleshoot, or just manipulate e.g. an empty group. Perhaps it could be a tab in the session info dialog?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad - How do I manage groups? - by N. W. Perry - 2021-09-05, 21:22