LDCad - How do I manage groups?

RE: LDCad - How do I manage groups?
(2021-08-21, 18:45)Roland Melkert Wrote: I'm not sure what you are describing here, how do you add parts to the group? Because that isn't possible using the gui, are you editing the ldraw files?

Or do you use ctrl+g for that. If so, you are not adding parts you are making a new group which includes the old one and some loose parts. This new group will only be seen at the top level it is made in.

I'm using alt+shift+g or "Add selection to group".

Quote:This is a known bug, but I'm having troubles replicating it. This makes me think it might also have to do with the recursive groups you are using.

Could you send me the model you are using above?

Here it is attached. See for example the front tires, which are in the "main" model but grouped with the steering axles in the steering submodel. (Quotation marks because there is actually a higher-level main model used for displaying the primary model at a rotation.)

To replicate this second bug, because of the first bug, you'll have to ungroup the group and re-build it by first grouping the steering axle from within the submodel's session, then moving up one level (chassis.ldr) and adding the tire and hub to the group with alt+shift+g. Then try rotating the group—the tire should end up in some faraway place.

.ldr   853 Auto Chassis.ldr (Size: 34.28 KB / Downloads: 3)

Interestingly, when I open my OMR version of this car, the groups all work correctly, for selecting as well as transforming.  Huh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad - How do I manage groups? - by N. W. Perry - 2021-08-22, 0:35