LDCad - How do I manage groups?

RE: LDCad - How do I manage groups?
(2021-08-21, 3:38)N. W. Perry Wrote: I'm wondering if this is a bug or if I'm using groups wrong: Let's say I create a group in a submodel, so that subfile is the "top" level for that group. Then I switch to the main model session and go into nested mode. I select the group that's in the submodel, and add some parts from the main model to it. Everything works fine, I can select and manipulate* the group with all of its parts.

But now let's say I've closed LDCad, and I go back to the model another day. Then, selecting the group in nested mode only affects those parts in the submodel—the parts added to it from the main model aren't selected, even though they're still in the group according to the file code. In other words, when LDCad is closed and re-opened, it seems to "forget" any group parts that are not in its top-level subfile.
I'm not sure what you are describing here, how do you add parts to the group? Because that isn't possible using the gui, are you editing the ldraw files?

Or do you use ctrl+g for that. If so, you are not adding parts you are making a new group which includes the old one and some loose parts. This new group will only be seen at the top level it is made in.

(2021-08-21, 3:38)N. W. Perry Wrote: Well, not totally fine…the group center shows up in very odd places if I select parts from the non-top-level of the group, and transforming the group leads to unexpected results with these parts…but that's another story!
This is a known bug, but I'm having troubles replicating it. This makes me think it might also have to do with the recursive groups you are using.

Could you send me the model you are using above?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad - How do I manage groups? - by Roland Melkert - 2021-08-21, 18:45