LPub3D BOM problem

LPub3D BOM problem
Hi all,
There we go, my first thread here. It's about LPub3D. Despite my well defined love-hate relation with LPub3D, I still can't figure out how to get a decent BOM of the instructions. Sure, one page works fine, but multiple pages end up to ... nothing actually.
With a big model you have to zoom out to get to the bottom-middle of the BOM to change it's shape. But since the page itself stays in the middle, AND CANNOT SCROLL the page/viewport, you end up with a tine black square that is so small that you can't select it anymore. A solution is to change the shape of the BOM, from 'area' to colums for instance.
But then you end up with a very long list you still cannot resize.
So you split the BOM. Splitting the BOM doesn't take landscape orientation into account and besides this, you work with columns. So the list is split as if the page was portrait.
And so on and on and on and....

How do you make a BOM that:
- can span multiple pages
- splits at reasonable points
- does not jump to an different/arbitrary) location if you resize, move, split or change its shape

Has anybody success of making a BOM in LPub3D that didn't take hours and hours and didn't had to, after using one A0 page, use Photoshop to make things easier?

I realise and concur that the author of LPub3D did a great job. But that doesn't take away the fact that I'm starting to hate building MOCs I cannot publish.
My advice to LPub3D is therefore, stop making exotic features work; work on functionality and reliability. LPub3D crashes way to often, and I hate, as a law abiding citizen, looking at a blue turning cursor idicating that the program is busy. Well, it's not.

Note. As you can see, I'm having trouble not to reflect my frustration. Yes I'm thankful for/yo people like Sandy. But LPub3d is not only consuming way to much time, it spoils the fun of being an AFOL too much. We're here to share our love for and involvement with other LEGO fans, not to bug-fix some appliaction.

Ciao, and thanks in advance,
Eef
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LPub3D BOM problem - by Eef Vreeland - 2021-04-20, 19:06