MacOS LDCad on Wine (for Mac)-revisited

RE: LDCad on Wine (for Mac)-revisited
(2021-04-13, 12:56)N. W. Perry Wrote: Yes, that's the major known issue, and why I'd like to hear from anyone who may have tried it. But all reports are that CrossOver does solve the problem…and CrossOver is essentially Wine; it's just that this particular bit of code isn't officially supported in Wine, for reasons that are way over my head. And LDCad, at least, is 64-bit, so right now that's the major motivation for a lot of people who may want to try this.

What does it do, that Wine by itself doesn't?

It is too bad, I agree. But LDCad works so well under Wine that I think it's fair to say this is still the best option by far. So we can at least get some kind of guide together for that process. The key component at this point is whether users really can't go beyond Mojave. If there is Wine or a Wine-like solution that works for the current OS, that's ideal. (Even if they just have to deal with that one quirk of LDCad under Wine 5 and up.)

As for wineskin, I never used it. I was only surprised, that it should run on MacOS 11 (Big Sur).
On Windows and Linux, LDCad is my favorite. I once had it run on an earlier version of MacOS with wine.
But MacOS is continually steeling my apps (by removing 32 bit --> death of wine and some others), deprecating OpenGL and adding additional layers (death of bricksmith). And with the new M11 chip I think I will not buy a new Mac anymore. It is not sufficient to only have a good look. Continuity of apps is more important.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad on Wine (for Mac)-revisited - by Manfred Kern - 2021-04-13, 14:52